Friday 27 December 2013

Windy Chicks!

I accidentally wrenched the lid/roof off the henhouse the other day - its only thin wood & i think rain had saturated where the hinges are! Gravity keeps it in place though.
There's high winds today & I went out this morn to find the hens pottering about - their door & coop both locked but they'd come out of the gaping hole at the top!  So |I've tied the roof on with bungee cords and I have a rope - i think i'll wind that around the whole thing a few times before bed today.
I've put extra corn & mealworms out to keep them warm.
I definitely want to get a better, solid house for them this year but the fence has to come first - both sides need new post footings & such that Dh & I are not up to, we have to pay someone else.
Still the chicks seem happy enough, though very ruffled!

No comments:

Post a Comment