Thursday 26 December 2013

Glad tidings I bring, Boxing Day

Well praise the Lord! We went to church on christmas morn & then had a lovely chicken dinner that my Dh had made. at  6pm we went to Sarah's and all the family came.  Then, today we were all reunited at Edith's. Both times no-one drank very much & there was no trouble! So thanks anyone who prayed - I really was dreading these occasions as one person in particular usually causes some trouble (and no, it's not me!) 
But it was very civilized.  
I got a new breadmaker, which I'd asked Di for, and made some bread that very morning.  I also got a lovely Joules breakfast tea/jam/crackers gift set in a pretty basket, really nice.  Everyone enjoyed their onesies - Someone even wore hers to church!  I think that might be a bit more normal here than elsewhere!

you can't see, it's very pretty fabric & packaging.

The plan is to go to town tomorrow with Natalie (Matthew's girlfriend) 


Also I had the Best Fun Ever VJing the Christmas party for adults with learning disabilities!
Along with Karen, who's brilliant at whooping, shouting cheerful things and leading dancing. We did Agadoo, the Macarena, birdie song etc. They had a whale of a time & a carer told me it was the best party of it's kind that shed eve been to (and these carers do see a lot of these things!)

Also, I've put down a deposit for a family weekend at Marton Mere Haven in mid September. It's only an hour away, so Dh can pick up the girls from school on the Friday and come meet us there. Yay! Things to look forward to!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment