Tuesday 7 January 2014

Thanksgiving Sunday

On the first Sunday of the new year we have a few people go up the front and say what they're especially thankful for from over the last year. Andrea, Weston, Andy & Debbie, Me, and Tommy & Debbie went up to encourage the church with our years' blessings. 

This week as ever is a week of prayer, we always have one after a break, SO there's prayer meetings every morning at 7, also Kids prayer breakfast, teens prayer & pizza evening and on this friday a fast followed by prayer meeting & eat together about 7pm. I got Jojo and Ruby up at 6 this morn so they could be totally ready for school before I left at 5 to 7.  Ant's tagline for these early meetings is: Come when you can, leave when you must! Very good.

I'm excited, because, after 4 days in a row at the gym, I went to Zumba as usual this morning, and afterwards, sweating & Bright red with a boiling head, i was not even tired or achy anywhere! Fitness!!
YAY!


Freddy and I hoped to do a little home ed on monday morning - we started well with this familiar verse:


followed by spanish translation:


which he has done quite well in learning.
We didn't get much further than that as my mum rang to tell me all about her christmas, which sounded lovely!

I am having a bit of a go with my spanish/ english bible on my kindle, as...every year about this time...I wonder if i'm ready to start the Open University....DH says I'm welcome to apply - thankfully I would get maximum student loanage.  It's just whether I'm ready to commit the time & stick to it.

I certainly have learnt the value of sticking to things this year though. Whether it's something in my marriage, or getting some exercise, cooking for JoMelia...or many other things, this year I have Not Given Up on a lot of things and I have seen the results.  
So we'll see. I'll pray & have to take the study hours out of my kindle/terraria/tv-wasting-time.
The course I want doesn't start til October. Undoubtedly I'll have something completely different to do by then! Ho Hum!






No comments:

Post a Comment