Thursday 9 January 2014

Lonely Chicken

Oh dear - I spoke too soon! I was talking to Claire next door about her fella doing some kind of temporary fix to the fence (the whole shebang needs replacing - think ££££.) as the hens keep going into her garden (she's fine with that) but then going thru various other holes & gaps to pastures new....  generally they come back before dark as they are creatures of habit.
Well on Tuesday night they Didnt Come Home!
We only have Flora, all on her lonesome.  We've been out looking, Ive knocked & put a lost notice through about 40 doors of people whos garden backs onto ours or close to.  I got lots of smiles when I explained the situation and one old lady offered me a rabbit!  Ive got a coat pocket full of mealworms, as I realised that if I found them, how would i get them home?!


One young lady assured me some Polish person will have stolen and eaten the hens "They do it with cats & dogs too!"
!

No comments:

Post a Comment