Friday 3 January 2014

Gym, meatballs

Still struggling to get things tidied at home - the lack of tumble dryer and lack of enthusiasm from kids! is making things go at a very slow pace this week.  Ruby helped by making a fish pie and hoovering a little bit of my bedroom today, and Jojo hoovered the front room and did his homework.

I went to the gym and totalled 300 calories burnt which wasn't that easy, about 15 mins  on the cross trainer, but then on the rowing machine i happily did 20 minutes, as there's a tv just in view which was showing something like "secrets of the workhouses" with subtitles on, so i just pulled and pulled for the duration.  now i have some callouses on my hands tho!

We had fish pie and I also did some roast squash for me & meatballs 'n' mash for the boys - Fred often eats a tin of meatballs, tho' i'm suspicious as to whether there's any goodness in them. He seemed to enjoy the meatballs made of real mince today, that's good. Ideally i would be making the meatballs myself from mince but I have a horror of rolling the raw beef around in my hands. It'll probably come.


No comments:

Post a Comment