Thursday 7 November 2013

pans. ducks? feedsack storage.


The pans are getting bigger... or is my cooker getting smaller?

the chickens are still laying, usually 4 a day but sometimes 3.  They like to go to bed at dusk, so they are getting tucked up at 5pm at the moment.  (apparently they lay a bit less in the winter)

My new thing i want is... Muscovy ducks!
I was put off ducks by the noise / pond requirements. But these ducks barely speak and don't really swim. Hmm...

They're not very pretty, but they lay delicious eggs.

Also I am thinking about getting one of these to make a wellies-sacks of feed - pooey footprints barrier between the garden and house:
its £300 in argos,  you can imagine the quality. But it may be worth it.
Cos i decorated the dining room and it looks lovely - except for the muddy barn area around the back door!

Also... I watched "Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners" last night. Classic viewing, i highly recommend.  I was totally on the side of the lady who lets 6 goats have the run of her house! Who can resist pygmy goats? Really? 



1 comment:

  1. Yes fabulous - but i can definitely resist the goats inside!!!!

    ReplyDelete